ALMA Menu > Manage Patron Services > Search for Patron > Create Item
Create item - Circ on-the-fly
- If item has no barcode or is not found, click Create Item.
- Choose New, select holding type as Book, click Save.
- You must first select the placement of the new record. ALWAYS select Institution.
- The mandatory fields that must be entered when creating an on-the-fly record are: Title, Library, Location, and Barcode.
- Enter the Title. Please note the bottom Item Information area at the bottom. This is where you will enter the Library, Location, and Barcode information.
- Select the drop-down for the Library field. It will open the organization unit list.
- Select SUNY Broome library. Then select a physical location for the item (probably CIRC).
- Enter the barcode.
The record should now look like this:
- Upon saving the item is charged out to the patron automatically.